May Gym News and Member of the Month
May 1st: Fitness Foundations Course
- 3 weeks, 3 classes a week from 6:30-7:30 pm. We have 2 spots open so if you know somebody interested let them know before it fills up!
- Pls say hi to any new faces- it is scary to walk into a new gym. Be welcoming and the friendly and amazing people that you are.
May 5th, Friday
- Cinco de Mayo Celebration from 7-8:30pm. Please RSVP here by Thursday so we can provide enough tacos; it is free for members and $5 for guests. BYOT
May 6th, Saturday
- Group Volleyball at Coconut Beach in Kenner. Check out the event here.
- Coach Kristen and Beaux will be in Chicago for the National Weightlifting Meet
- Beaux competes Friday, we will update you all with the livestream info
May 24th- Women Workout (wine) Wednesday
- We will have a workout for ladies from 630-730ish; appropriate for all levels. Bring a friend, bring a beverage, and stay after to chat and hang with other women in the community and maybe some new friends.
May 27th- Friends and Family Event 10:30am - 11:30am
- For every 8 guests we will raffle off a prize for our members
- Ever wanted an Ice Chest Radio, bring a guest for a chance to win!
May 29th- Memorial Day
- Gym will only be open for ONE CLASS. This will be our annual Murph workout in honor of all that our military men and women do and give up to protect our country.
- Class starts at 8:30am, plan on the workout taking an hour. We will have a sign- up beforehand, if there are enough people we will run two heats, 8:30 and 9:30am
Check out our latest podcast here- listen in to learn the top 3 foods to eat for weight loss!
Member of the Month:
Steph consistently shows up and puts in work. She always has a positive attitude- even when it comes to things she struggles with. She is working on getting her mobility and strength up and is blowing us away with how well she is doing. We are so glad that she has made this commitment to herself and that she believes in herself. Steph is encouraging of others and exemplifies the GeauxFit Training philosophy of be safe, work hard, have fun. Congrats, Steph!
For those of you who are competing or are interested in competing I will be running a class starting this Saturday from 10:30-12:00. It will will be May 6, 20, 27, and June 3rd. If you plan on coming to this class I suggest you do not attend class at 9:30am and that you eat a good breakfast and hydrate well.