What Do You Know About Pops?
Terry (aka Pops) started working out with us about a year ago. He struggled with running even a 200 m due to years of smoking. He initiated a smoking cessation program and has become smoke free as of March. This is HUGE and we are so happy for him! Plus, his pant size has dropped from a (tight) 38 to a 32 and he ran a mile and half without stopping in February!!
Big shout out to Terry for quitting smoking and making his health a priority!!
April Contest: Creative Check-In!!
The first 3 weeks of April are a Creative Check in Contest...each week we will highlight the member who had the best, most creative check-in on Facebook. Prize for 1st Place will be awarded Friends and Family Day, March 22nd.
What this means: You can check in with a photo, a video, or a simple post. You can partner up, do it as a group, and go it alone. You can pit your class time against another class time. Creativity can be inspirational, motivational, or humorous. Your coaches are going to be participating in this so bring your A Game!!
[TIME CHANGE: SATURDAY CLASS WILL BE AT 9:30a ]
- Open gym will be from 1030-1130 to make-up missed classes or work on skills
April 1st - April 22 Creative Check-In Contest & Benchmark Testing
- Every Monday and Wednesday there will be either a strength or a conditioning gym benchmark. If you cannot make one of those days plan on attending open gym Saturday at 1030 to make it up.
April 1st & 2nd
Bob Takano Weightlifting Seminar at Redline Athletics. Coach K and Beaux will be attending to help increase their knowledge base and bringing some members with them!
NO CLASS SUNDAY 4/2
April 22nd F&F Day Event
- 9:30am Regular Class
- 10:30am Friends and Family Workout
- 11:30 Raffle for Member and Guest Prizes
April 29th Weightlifting Meet at Nola Barbell. Come cheer on Coach K, Coach Beaux, Ari, and maybe a few other members (calling Meredith and Scott). Cost is $40 to compete you can sign up here. This will also be an open gym day to make-up benchmarks from the previous 3 weeks.
- Begins our next Fitness Foundations Program - want to get someone into our program? Get them signed up soon! Meets M/W/Th at 630pm.