Pan fried Pork Chop and Cabbage
8 medium or thick sliced pork chops (I prefer bone in)
1/2 head green cabbage
8oz container of mushrooms
Salt and pepper
1 tsp bacon fat
- Season pork chops with pepper and a small amount of seasoned salt
- Pan fry 1/2 of your pork chops in 1 tsp bacon fat over high heat for 2-3 min per side- for thicker cuts increase cook time. (I cook the first batch less since I know I will be reheating them and overcooking pork makes it super dry and chewy. Pork CAN be slightly pink in the middle. I also like to use tongs to hold them on their fatty sides to cook that fat before taking them out of the pan.)
- Roughly chop 1/2 your cabbage and steam for about 12 min or desired degree of tenderness while pork chops are cooking.
- Remove pork chops from heat and place in bowl or container to catch their juices
- Place mushrooms in pan over medium heat. Drain juice from pork chops into pan. Cook until tender.
- Plate cabbage, add pork chop or two, and then drown in the mushroom sauce.
**If you do not use a cast iron pan you made need more seasonings.