Left over cabbage?? Not with this recipe!
For any of you who still have cabbage sitting in your fridge from St Paddy’s day or the Irish Italian parade here is a simple and delicious recipe for using it up quickly:
- One head cabbage, cored and roughly chopped into about 8ths
- 1 – 2 TBS Sesame oil
- 1 TBS Soy sauce (I use gluten free)
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- Heat pan over high heat- I prefer my cast iron pan for this. Dump in chopped cabbage and then add enough water to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Let “steam” until tender, stirring occasionally. If you water boils off add a little more. The goal is to NOT have any water in the pan when the cabbage is done cooking. I like to brown my cabbage a tad.
- Once water has steamed off and cabbage is tender, add sesame oil, soy sauce, and garlic powder. Turn heat to low and stir cabbage to evenly coat, then turn pan off and remove from heat.
If you have a very large head of cabbage you can cook in two batches. I had this dish approved by Paul, who doesn’t like any veggies.