Leap Recipe! “Fried ” Chicken
I found this recipe when I was looking for a different and quick chicken dinner. Super tasty, slight work involved (breading the chicken) and not a long cook time. I fry it in my cast iron pan on the stove and then line a baking tray with tin foil and place browned chicken on that to bake. Keep in mind that whole chicken breasts will take longer to cook than chicken strips so if you use breasts adjust baking time.
1 cup coconut oil, ghee, or 4-5 TBs bacon grease
3 large eggs
1 cup almond flour
1 tsp. paprika
2 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. dried thyme
1 tsp. chipotle powder (optional)
2 pounds chicken- thighs, drums, breasts. I cut breasts into strips when I make this.
1. Heat oil in large frying pan to 350F (175C) and preheat oven to 400F (205C)
2. Whisk eggs in medium sized bowl
3. Combine all dry ingredients in large bowl and mix well.
4. Pat chicken dry, then dip chicken in whisked eggs.
5. Coat/cover chicken in dry mixture and place in HOT oil. (If you like to double dip you will have to double the coating!) Allow both sides to brown (about 2 minutes each side).
6. Place drying rack on sheet pan and assemble check on the rack so there is space between all pieces.
7. Put chicken in oven for 10-15 minutes. Remove and serve.
Adapted From: Paleo Comfort Foods